The Onion parodies social media consultants:
“The world’s most successful companies know that social media is a powerful marketing tool, and Cameron Hughes knows how to make social marketing even more effective: by never injecting an ounce of effort into it.”
I’ve listed a few of the funny bits:
- Social media is the driving force behind the new economy…
- …we’ve put social media on the tongues of some of the biggest companies in the world – without providing an actual service.
- To survive in the new Internet economy, you need to provide a new service or product that people will want.
- Companies don’t care if their followers are real or not, they’ll pay you either way.
- In the new Social Media economy, you just have to keep looking like you’re doing work and people will pay you for it.
Watch it on YouTube: Using Social Media To Cover For Lack Of Original Thought – Onion Talks – Ep. 6