I recently performed the usual website maintenance on my blogs and this portal:
Stumbled on the Light theme. Applied it here and like it much better than what I was using beforehand – Zen Classic. Applied some minor content revisions and layout changes and voila, EJPdC 2.0 is now EJPdC 2.1.
I had been meaning to move my blog from my domain root to a subdirectory for some time now. I made a few of botched attempts last year, then time-pressed with other things, I gave up. Until two days ago. A little inspiration went a long way. A little more work was required this time, because last year’s failed migration of WordPress left some complications in the initial objective.
When I first tried to move my WP blog last year, I had the brilliant idea of putting it in a domain sub-folder named “2008”. Being the WP newbie that I was, I did not know that the MySQL database in WP already had such a directory in use for my 2008 archives. So when I created the said folder and then installed WP in it, WP got confused with the two installations, thinking they were the same database. In short, I kinda mixed/messed up WP and almost broke it. I was lucky that the database was still usable.